The word dulcimer is made up of two words: the Latin word "dulce" meaning "sweet", and the Greek suffix "melos" meaning "song or tune". My last name van der Woude is Dutch for "from the wood". A "Dulcimer by Vander Woude" is truly a sweet song from the wood.
- Easy to learn
- Makes a great gift
- Educational - Mountain dulcimers are a great way to teach music to children. Upon request, a free lesson is available with a dulcimer purchase from us.
- 18 frets (including the 6½ and 13½)
- Approx 7" wide, 33" - 35" long, and 2¾" deep
- * Nut to bridge length of 25.5"
- Guitar machines
- Available in a variety of woods
- Stained or natural finish
* Longer and shorter sizes are also available. This is a shorter length than most builders use, but I find it easier to play cords with this shorter length.
Also, be sure to check out the Michigan Mountain Dulcimer Players Yahoo Group to find other players in the Michigan area.